Wednesday 21 August 2013

Bird/Baby Trainer - Why?

 

Exploring Auckland, New Zealand, with Tom Hobson is made all the more interesting because we do think so alike and we both relate what may often be seen as having no immediate connection, to our thinking about children and adults. I have decided to link to Tom's blog as I could not express my thoughts as eloquently as he does - thank you Tom for another insightful post.

"Children are born not only ready to learn, but knowing how and what to learn. They may well, if they know nothing else, be made to willingly put their wings to a trainer, if only to please their task-master because they do seek to please, but it's only when we finally take them off that a child can really learn to fly." Teacher Tom Hobson




http://teachertomsblog.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/the-albatross-flight-trainer.html#.UhP2wSxMfsQ.facebook

1 comment:

  1. Hi Niki, I also live in Newcastle N.S.W, and I love your blog. I just wanted to mention I have just written/illustrated and published my fictional/part-educational book "Bullies, Bees and Brussels Sprouts" for children ages 8-10. Needless bullying is primarily the theme throughout my story as well as environmental awareness and how precious it is to respect, love and admire every living thing as we are all born with differences and our individualism should be praised not bullied or criticised. My aim is the hope of rousing children minds, and if my book succeeds in doing so, then I have achieved. To my delight my book was awarded a 5-Star rating review from an American Reader's Favourite site, so I know my story is worthy of bringing it to the attention of parents. I would love Newcastle's support and I would be thrilled if you would visit my Facebook pages:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bullies-Bees-and-Brussels-Sprouts/339444979575772?ref=hl
    and My Website: narellemcallister.com
    If I can bring my book attention, I will be elated, as our children are so important and whatever values they can learn now will undoubtedly be carried through to adulthood. Sincerely, Narelle McAllister.

    ReplyDelete