and forever explaining things to them.”
- The children were fully engaged in this activity for more than an hour and a half
- There were no adult designed resources or toys available and children used their imagination and creativity
- I did not interfere with the children’s play or thought processes but waited until I was ‘invited in’ by the children
- Children demonstrated high levels of independent thinking without interruptions from me
- I used an appropriate intentional teaching opportunity to pass on factual information as well as mathematical concepts
- Research jellyfish on the internet and in reference books to extend the interest and knowledge through IT and the written word.
- Offer children a range of resources to explore water flow.
- Offer children a variety of materials to explore flotation and the power of wind.